Unison English School provides two very important things for non-native English speakers to improve their English proficiency: the study-method supported by cognitive psychology and the material collected directly from America, Canada, Australia, and other English speaking countries.
Our goal is…
To provide each student with the tailor-made lecture that helps him/her effectively improve his/her English proficiency and get the better understanding of cultural differences.
There is no universally accepted ultimate study-method to acquire the second language because people have different speeds and levels of understanding; however, there is a scientifically proven path each learner can follow to improve his/her language proficiency effectively. To make a technical long story short, it is the theory and the practice. Both of them are equally important especially when people try to study the second language after their fast-mapping stage. The practice is more important than the theory when the learners are in their fast-mapping stage. Taking these facts into consideration, Unison English School provides the students who are over fast-mapping stage with the lecture that places an importance on the theory and the practice while we provide the students who are in fast-mapping stage with lecture that places an importance on the practice. Unison English School looks for teachers who can play a practice part.
*Fast-mapping stage is the stage people exponentially increase their amount of vocabulary. It generally starts around 2-3 years old.
- have or expect to have BA, BS, or higher degree.
- like to teach English and like to check how much students have improved.
- think Unison English School is not just another English school.
You are a great candidate for Unison English School if you are …
- ALT (Assistant Language Teacher at ES, JHS or HS).
- qualified teacher.
- have bachelor’s or higher degree in psychology or education.
- interested in utilizing cognitive psychology ability to create the new history of learning English.
(Your task) You can teach in any way you like as long as you …
- are responsible and show enthusiasm and creativity in your lessons.
- create a fun and interesting lesson that is the best for each student.
- teach conversational skills and communication skills and demonstrate how it works.
- inspire your students and let them know the beauty of English.
Rules and Regulation
- The contract is valid for one year.
- You need to give notice as soon as possible when you cannot come to the class.
- You need to give 30-days notice when you terminate the contract.
Students’ level of Understanding
- 1st level: Students who do not understand at all. (No students are in this level.)
- 2nd level: Students who can catch some spoken words.
- 3rd level: Students who can understand the easy conversation if it is said slowly and repeatedly.
- 4th level: Students who can understand the main point of a small talk.
- 5th level: Students who can understand any daily conversation perfectly.
- 6th level: Students who can understand any speech even if it is not his specialty.
Size of the class
- Approximately 4 students in each class
- Majority of the students are in 2nd-4th level.
- Some are in 5th-6th.
Needs of the students are various but share some common characteristics.
- Students who wants to enjoy practicing general English conversation
- Students who wants to improve their communication skill in English for everyday situation
- Students who wants to have the chance to speak in English in their everyday life
Examples of Topic
- Introducing yourself, greeting, interpersonal communication, public speech, answering the phone, note-taking, writing personal letters, writing business letters, understanding brochure, conversation on the business situation, and so on.
- 2500yen/h or up to twice as much
- You are eligible for a raise if your students like your lessons.
Time and Place
- Currently, we are looking for a teacher who can teach on Sundays.
- Currently, we are looking for a teacher who can teach 6-year-old kids on weekdays.
- 10:00am-11:30am on Sunday (Class duration is 90min)
- 11:40am-01:10pm on Sunday (Class duration is 90min)
- The classroom is one-minute walk from Tsunashima station.
How to apply for a teacher
- Send your brief resume to email@example.com
- Your resume must include your reason for applying to this position.
- If your resume is accepted, you are going to receive further information via e-mail.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us.
Unison English School
2-12-4 Tsunashima-higashi Kouhoku-ku
Yokohama-shi Kanagawa 223-0052 Japan